Horrible Henry

"Hey look down here," whispered my pencil as it quickly jotted letters across the light blue lines of the paper. As I looked down my eyes nearly popped out of my head. "AAUGH!!" I screamed. Unfortunately at that very moment, the principal walked in.
"Courtney what is the matter with you" he declared.
Um, er, nothing Sir, I quickly mumbled as I squeezed the pencil in my hand.
'Well if there's nothing wrong, you're just being naughty, DETENTION!" he yelled in a stern voice. As I'm sitting in the principal's office looking at my pencil, it suddenly yelled out, "What are you looking at, you idiot? Never seen a pencil before?" Then he jumped out of my hand and ran away.
When detention was over and it was the end of the day, I started to look for my pencil. It had definitely been here I thought to myself, there was scribble everywhere. When I was just about to give up and go home, I found the pencil drawing a moustache on a picture of the principal. "Hey come here you naughty pencil come here this instant!" The pencil ignores me and just kept drawing. "Hey I'm talking to you" I yelled again. After a few seconds he replied.
"If you want to talk to me call me Henry." "HENRY" I scream "Get in the bag" before he could answer I pushed him in and walked home. In the morning I woke up to Henry trying to poke my eyes out. “Henry that's it you're coming with me" I yelled. When I had arrived at school, I quickly ran to the pencil sharpener. "Good bye Henry" I whisper before sharpening him so he is just a pile of sawdust.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!