The Time Machine

“I`ve done it” yelled dad from the basement. “I have built a time machine” I went down to the basement to have a look. It had buttons and levers scattered all over the device. It was getting late so we headed upstairs to get some rest.
While we were sleeping our dog jumped on the machine. Unfortunately a time was already set to year 3017 one millennia in the future. I jumped into the second pod and pressed blast off. ZAP!!! Then all of a sudden I was on our street but I was 1000 years in the future.
I spotted the canine on the back off a hover-car. Fortunately there was a hover-board shop across the street. It will cost all of my money but it would be worth it. I chased the car down the street and onto its drive way. I quickly grabbed the dog before he could run away. All I needed now was something to walk my dog back to the machine. I saw a person untying his bike. I walked over to the man and asked him if I could borrow his bike chain to get my dog home.
“Keep it” said the young man with the chain in his hands. I hooked my dog up to the chain and walked him back to the time travel pod.
Finally when we got home I put the hound into bed and headed upstairs. That was a cool journey I do say so myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!