The Crisis

Crash! The dropship exploded as I ran for my life. I was hit by a laser. I was unconscious. I am Alex Mason, and I'm not a human. I wake up in a prison. I effortlessly struggled... 23 years later. I am now 48 years old in 8058. Location: Ice Prison. Andromeda. I thought I would be stuck here forever. Slowly freezing to my death. Then I quickly realized a crack in the glass. I smashed it open running to the bay. “Please type code.” Code? What code? It flashed. 9…0...5...8…1. I desperately typed in the code. "Please wait for doors to open.” The ship was waiting there, ready for me to run.
"Welcome back!" I heard someone yell. "Good to be back, and ready to fight." I said quietly. A year has passed. Location: Main Tower Andromeda. Squad Alpha and I charged to the human defenders. People and aliens alike were falling down left and right. Ahhhhh!! Someone screamed at the tap of their lungs. A building collapsed and hit me. Luckily, medics came. I quickly leapt up, spraying plasma everywhere. "Retreat!" Yelled the commander...
Half of our team were gone. It's harder now. With less troops. We were having a memorial now, showing respect ta what they did. I was promoted to the new general now, having better armour, weapons and alike. "Ready soldiers?!" “Ready!" Into an adventure, I went. Location: Unknown. It seemed as if our ship was going into same infernal abyss. Or is it an illusion? I just spotted a long, twisted, alienated shuttle. "Um guys?" A red fiery portal appeared. "Oh no... "
"Rockbreaker!" The beast charged through the shuttle, destroying everything in its wake. "Teleporters on!" Everyone pressed the flashing red button far the base. Except the commander was too distracted and was almost pummelled out of the ship. Luckily the Rockbreaker missed and smashed the ship's rear out. We were all back, but I had to complete a mission...a solo mission.
I snuck in to the main base, struck with fear. "So, they’re eliminated? Weak, aren't they?" I felt like confronting them directly, but decided not to. I crawled around ready to strike. "Guys...do you hear something?" "Nah. I don't." "Me too." "Whew...” I kept going, eager to shut down the robot generator. Just as I was so close, I tripped and hit a wine glass.
"Enemy spotted!" I jumped up and ran to the generator station. 5...4...3...2...1. The enemy's forces stopped and it was finally all over. I ran back to base happy as a smile. "We did it!" and that was over...for now...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!