The Portal

‘What is that portal doing in the middle of the living room?’ I asked. ‘Let’s go through it!’
‘Where am I? I’m on another planet. Mars. I’m on Mars! That’s the planet I’m on. Look there is a Martian!
I was amazed. "I never knew that Martians were so cute!' "Hi Human" said the Martian in a robotic voice. "Hi who are you?" I said. I’m Martin the Martian and here are my friends. Biscuit, Pancake, Sophie, Joe, Bro, Anzac and Coconut” “Hi Biscuit, Pancake, Sophie, Joe, Bro, Anzac and Coconut. My name is Phoenix!”
"Can you please help us protect the Saturn system?" said the Martian. "Yes" I said. Then what are we waiting for. Get all the resources. Then get on the ship in three minutes.' Said Martin
Three minutes later all of the Martians were on their ships. 3,2,1,0 blast off!!! All the ships zoomed into space. Three minutes later the loud speaker said "ALL SHIPS PREPARE TO JUMP INTO HYPERSPACE IMMEDIENTLY'.”YES" said all the Martians.
Five seconds later we were about to crash into the sand! 'AHHHH. Phew, I'm glad that we didn't crash into that boulder that was two times the size of a normal boulder.’ I said. Finally we landed.
Once we got off the ship the ground started to shake and spit with smoke and we saw a giant monster. It looks like a willow beast and I read in a book that it said there is one thing that can make it go to sleep for a couple of hours and that is sleeping gas using 50 cans. I said ‘Do you have 50 cans of sleeping gas?’ “Yes we do” said Martin. ‘Get them OK’ I said. Then Martin got them. ‘Spray on my command’ I said. “SPRAY”. It worked!
The loud speaker spoke again "RETREAT, RETREAT, WE HAVE SENT IT TO SLEEP QUICK GET IN THE SHIPS RELEASE THE CAST IRON NET AND OPEN THE PEN AND DRAG IT INTO THE PEN AND LOCK IT UP. GUARDS, WHEN IT IS IN THE PEN I WANT YOU TO GUARD IT UNTILL WE REACH THE JUPITER SYSTEM"."YES" said the Martians. All the Martians are on the ship. 3,2,1,0 blast off!!! Luckily, we took the Saturnarians too. The loud speaker said "ALL SHIPS PREPARE TO JUMP INTO HYPERSPACE IMMEDIENTLY.”YES" said all the Martians.
We flew over to the Jupiter System and dropped the willow beast and then we flew back to the Mars System. We got the Saturnarians and the Martians out of their ships and we had a giant party!
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!