The Match Of A Lifetime

YAY! It's finally starting, the Grand Final between England and Brazil! I've waited 6 MONTHS! It is 11 o'clock, but I don't care! Oh I wonder who is going to score first. I can't watch this by myself, I'll go wake Dad up. What, is that you Jim? No it is me, Nick and the Grand Final is on! Come downstairs with me. Ok, I will.
OH NO! It is 1-0 to Brazil. Oh I wish I saw the goal! "How about some food" I asked. "Ok" replied Dad. It is the 39th minute and Brazil are on the counter attack. John Jilhonson slots it through to James Jilhonson, his brother who scores in the top left corner!!! UNSTOPPABLE, but how will England come back now! At half time Brazil leads against England 2-0.
When the game starts again it is Brazil still on the front foot until England win a corner. It's was a beautiful cross and Nick Stilton headed it in to the top left hand corner. England are back in the game! 2-1.
Brazil were as careful on the ball and running down the clock. They really didn't want to lose. Their tackles were very firm. They barely gave England any chances of winning.
It was now the 55th minute and England finally won the ball and straight away passed it to Nick Stilton who won a free kick on the edge of the box. It was a chance, a big one.
Nick Stilton was the free kick specialist and there was no doubt he wasn't going to take it. GGGGGooooaaaaalllll!! ! ! ! Back on level terms because of a powerful swerving shot into the top right hand corner. 2-2 would you believe it Nick Stilton has a brace and this final is going somewhere!
It has been such an even game from there and on. Barely any team had any chances, because the defending was so good and nerves were starting to creep in.
Finally the game was starting to open up and even I was getting nervous. No one had said a word since the equaliser, because I knew Dad was getting nervous. I think he was going for Brazil even though he was ENGLISH!!!
Even the commentators were getting nervous. I reckon everyone in the whole entire world was nervous.
England won the ball and pushed it up field to Nick Stilton and like magician he flipped the ball over his head. It was official that a counter attack was on. He passed it out to Joe Sturridge who went 1 vs 1 with the Brazilian defender but the defender kicked the ball out for a corner kick.
From the corner it went straight to Joe Sturridge who ran towards the player with the ball behind him. Then he scorpion kicked to Nick Stilton. However the ball was behind him.
The most amazing thing happened after that. Nick Stilton bicycle kicked it in to the top right hand corner it was amazing.
It was now the 80th minute and as soon as England got the ball they kept it for the rest of the game. England had won the cup. I was cheering. It was amazing. YAY!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!