Saving The Rainforest

Timber!! Oh no, "there goes another tree" Milly said sadly. Meet Milly a 10 year old girl who lives next to the rainforest, Milly has a dream of saving the rainforest and all of its animals. "Mum" yelled Milly " are you sure we can’t do anything to stop them from cutting down the trees", "Yes honey it’s just part of nature" said Milly's Mum "Why don't you invite your friend Ava over" "Ok said Milly ...

Ding Dong, the doorbell rang "Ava" Milly squealed in excitement, as the two girls went up to Milly's room Milly explained an exciting plan to Ava "Ava, will you sneak out to the rainforest with me tonight" asked Milly nervously "please Ava please, if you don't I will have to do it all on my own" "well ok then" Ava said finally" only because you are my best friend at school and also my buddy."

“Oh; thank you, Ava, thank you" Milly said almost crying "Tonight we save the rainforest".

Later that night, the girls snuck outside and just like Milly said, they were off to save the rainforest. Milly and Ava found shelter in an old cave inside the cave was a rusty old sign with the words firewood highlighted in orange and yellow, Milly recognized the sign from the cranes that where taking the trees away " hey! This is the business sign that was posted on the side of the cranes" Milly said shocked "wait a sec" said Ava "if this is the company that is cutting down all the trees, that means that if we shut the business" "we stop them from cutting down the trees" Milly continued "all right well we will track the company down tomorrow first let’s get some sleep".

The next day Milly and Ava track down the crane site and sneak into the area where the people who controlled the cranes where having lunch. After Milly and Ava had sat watching for about 30 minutes they spotted a few wealthy business men having very big chat. The girls crept closer so they could hear what they were saying and you wouldn't believe what they heard!!

Milly and Ava quickly hurried out of the crane site and back to the cave. “Right" said Milly " all we have to do is find a magic temple to shut down the crane site."

"Great” said Ava” but where are we going to find a magic temple”

Just as Ava finished her sentence Milly found something spectacular.

“Ava, look!” Milly said, amazed " The temple, the bottom of the cave is the temple" and as Milly said, at the back of the cave, behind some vines, was a temple as high as a house.

As the girls walked inside the temple, Ava found a staircase leading up to a bronze key, but just as Milly was about to grab it, two men came trying to grab the girls. Milly grabbed the key and the girls rushed back to the crane site where the lock for the key was. Milly slid the key in and shut down the business.

Then the girls returned home, and the rainforest was saved by two young girls.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!