The Big Crash!

"Boom! Crash! Bang! Baaattt Girl" As Zoe watched her favourite TV show and watched how great Bat Girl's acrobatics were she got up off the couch and tried some of her own moves. Soon Zoe's mum came in and said "Hey Honey, I'm sure you'd do well in Gymnastics." Zoe replied "You know mum, I think I would. I'm really close to doing the splits." Zoe loved doing gymnastics.
Finally that exhausting wait paid off, it was Zoe's first gymnastics lesson. As she walked through the front door she saw a whole new world altogether. A gymnastics world full of training, failing, passion and confidence, a world full of her dreams and wonders, a world of which she would absolutely fit in. Her thoughts of fantasy drained away as she concentrated on her new coach, Jacqueline. "Now Zoe isn't it"? We will just have to run a trial for you because this is your first day. SO let's begin shall we? "Yes" said Zoe and her mum together. They all walked over to a large and long structure about 1 metre off the floor with two large metal stables the shape of pyramids holding it up. "This is the beam, this is where you will do y our stunts and exercises and sometimes your falls. Just don't worry you won't get hurt". "Now come over here please." She was walking towards two bars, one smaller than the other. Zoe had recogniszed what these bars were called from previous movies she had watched. "These are the uneven bars I think, she said, "Yes they are, you will soon learn on these bars but for now we will stick to the beam" said Jacqueline.
Two years had passed, Zoe was perfectly fine with competitions because she does two every year but she always can't find her things. Zoe had lost her sweat towel this time and she was looking for it for a long time when she needed to go to a competition. "We need to hurry up we are going to be late, we were supposed to be there at 4:30 and it's already 4:00 and we are still at home! Come on!!!" said mum in a very rushed voice. "I'm already ready!" said Zoe ,she ran as fast as she could to the car.
"So mum, do you think I'll do well?" said Zoe. "of course, you will, you've been working so hard and this is a big day for you don't get disappointed if you don't come fir..." "MUUUUM!" Crash! Boom! The car had flipped, Zoe was on the roof struggling to breathe when she heard a fading sound of a siren and then nothing...
"Honey do you what day it is, Honey? We lost her again... said the nurse in the ambulance. That voice was the last Zoe heard.
It was now three months since Zoe had her accident and she had her Physiotherapy. It was now only two days until she could return to the Gym. "Only two days" said Zoe happily.
Two days had past, now Zoe was entering the gym. As soon as she said “Hello”! Everyone rushed over to give her a hug, she felt so happy and that happiness was to the thing she loved the most, gymnastics.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!