The Infected City

It was a stormy night in New York. It was like it was raining cats and dogs. A doctor called Grace is looking at a policeman in a dark abandoned prison. He was sleeping like the dead and badly sick. He also has a bad disease. Suddenly he bites her on the arm and she turns into a zombie.
Me and Hayden got a call from another police officer. Hayden is my team mate, we have been together for five years. We got over straight away. I had butterflies in my stomach as we walked in. The zombie came out of nowhere and tried to bite me. Hayden shot him in the chest and then we checked the whole prison.
We left the building at midnight. The city was as cold as ice but I didn't want the disease to spread like a cold. I didn't really care after a while, it was dead. The next morning, the place was crawling with blood thirsty zombies. I woke up Hayden as fast as I could. He couldn't believe it either.
We had an idea. Hayden thought it was crazy. He said it would be too heavy to bring back to the city. "There's a nuke back at our base, we are going to blow up the city. The zombies are multiplying in their thousands." I said. We have to save the world.
I called a helicopter and we go to the tallest building in the whole city. We flew home and grabbed the bomb. It was as heavy as a building but we made it back to the city. I guess Hayden was wrong. As we thought there were no humans left. We were terrified.
We set down in the middle of the city where there were hardly any zombies but it didn't take long for them to find us. We got the bomb on the ground really quick and set it down really fast. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Kaboom! We died that day but we saved the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!