The Poor To Famous Girl

One sunny day lived a girl called Ella. She had a younger brother called Max. They lived with their mum and dad in a small house in Brisbane. Today was Monday so they both had to go to school. So they got dressed, packed their lunch boxes, brushed their teeth and mum drove Ella and Max to school. School was only one hour away from Ella and Max’s house. By the time they got to school it was morning tea time.
When they got to school Ella’s friend was waiting for her at the gate. “Hello,” rumbled Ella.
Her friend yelled out, “Come here I want to show you something.”
So Ella gave her mum a kiss and went with her friend. Ella and her friend found a picture on the bathroom wall. It said, “Make your own workshop. Whoever wins, will receive $200 000 dollars. The competition starts at 12:00 pm this afternoon in the big gym.”
“Ring, ring.” The bell went. It was 12:00 pm, so Ella and her friend, called Lily, ran straight to the big gym and put their names on the list.
When Ella and Lily walked in they saw lots of things in each corner. Some of the things were wood, paint, flowers and more. One of the judges said to choose a corner, so Ella and Lily chose the corner that had wood, paint and decorations like flowers, candles and more.
Five minutes later everyone was in place and the judges yelled out, “3, 2, 1.” Everyone started to build. Lily and Ella started to put the roof together with wood, then they started to build the walls. Next, they started the floor and the decorations. They cut a door shape in the wall and made the door. Then they put it inside where the opening was.
Two minutes later everyone had finished their workshops. Then the judges started to look at what had been made and wrote on a piece of paper a score out of 10.
Suddenly, out of the light every judge voted for Ella and Lily. They gave them the money. Lily and Ella were so excited. That afternoon they shared the money and said, “Thank you!” to the judges.
They both went home together because Ella lived next door to Lily and they were both no longer poor.
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!