Wild

"Honey! Honey!" Said a familiar voice "I want you to go out and fetch some berries!" "Fine" Celia said whilst burying herself into her pillow and pulled up her doona. "Get up!" Yelled Celia's mum while shaking her from left to right.
"Uhhh" moaned Celia "fine! I'll get up."
Soon Celia was whizzing around her room like a hurricane. She had bows in her hair, crimson red lips, a long baby blue skirt and a tight as all heck corset, she rushed down the stairs, then had breakfast which was toast and milk in a tankard. She picked up her basket and pranced out the door humming a tune.
She got to a vast garden with lots of berries she started picking and kept picking for ages. She eventually got back but all she saw was charred wood and ash lacing the ground. "Mum, dad!" Wailed Celia while her vision was getting blurry by her tears. She looked all over the place and found her teddy barely in one piece and she stayed there and wept herself to sleep.
In the morning she woke up to the sound of "ROAR!" "Ahhh, a tiger” shrieked Celia, the tiger pounced at Celia but was thumped back by a dark figure and the tiger was knocked out cold. "Umm, who are you?" "I'm Takoma Mullah. So you're all alone out here, don't worry you can travel with me." "Um, ok" replied Celia. "Ok let's get travelling, how hard can it be."
"Ugh, it's been five hours and my dress is already sopping wet." Moaned Celia. "Don't worry it's only a bit of dirt and mud" chuckled Takoma. Then Takoma sharply flicked his head and stared at Celia. "Anyway why were you sleeping in that area surrounded by ash?" Questioned Takoma. "Oh, well because that was where I used to live, there used to be a castle there." Explained Celia. "Oh are you royal?" Asked Takoma. "Well I was I guess, but I still have royal blood!" Said Celia enthusiastically.
"We've been walking for ages what do you want to show me?" Whined Celia. "Okay here we're here you can open your eyes, and I need to tell you something" said Takoma with a nervous sound in his voice. "Yeah what is it?" Asked Celia. "Um I'm from a tribe that despises royal blood" whispered Takoma. "What and you didn't tell me!" Yelled Celia. "Well Celia welcome to the wild" Takoma said whilst pulling Celia up to a tree branch resting upon a cliff. "It's your new home."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!