The Story Of A Lost Girl

Once upon a time a little baby girl was born in Australia, her name was Kara. She was a kind girl, gifted with a love for nature. After seven days from her birth she was taken home. She had a beautiful bedroom. The first thing Kara's parents, James and Emily did was lay their daughter in a cot.
Over 10 years later she had grown into a strong independent girl. One day her and her family went for a bush walk when she was distracted by a blue butterfly. Her parents walked on. When she finally caught the butterfly, she realised she couldn't find her family. She was lost! When her mother and father got home they had noticed that their daughter wasn't with them.
Kara had setup camp and spent a long time in the bush. The next day she made a bow and arrow and caught a deer. The deer was tastier than it looked. Kara's parents called the police and they began a search party while newspapers reported the bad news. It was three years later and Kara still wasn't found. Her mum and dad thought she was dead while Kara swung through the trees and had many animal friends by this stage. She didn't want to go home.
It was five years later and still the police couldn't find her. Now she was hiding from humanity. She was now a free woman and was lawless and free. Kara's mum and dad were now old people and thought Kara was dead.
That year another man was lost in the bush and that day they met and the year after they married. The year after that they had kids and their names were Ava and Tom. Ava and Tom were raised like Aboriginals. Tom always had an interest for cities and Ava always had an interest for trees.
One day a policeman found them and thought the man and Kara had kidnapped the children. Kara and her partner, John called the eagles and the deer’s to fly away. But one policeman grabbed hold of Tom's foot and pulled him down. They put proper clothes on him and gave him an education. When they were finished, he was a schoolboy.
Kara and John had been plotting a way to save Tom for a month. When the time was right they grabbed their spears, and bows and broke into the school. There was fire everywhere! The police were called and all the animals were doing an uprising too. Kara and John grabbed Tom and left, so did the animals. Tom didn't remember anything! He had not remembered even his sister. So they punched his lights out and when he woke up he didn't even remember the police. He was still wearing his suit from school so they burnt it. After he did this Tom put his rat skins on then Kara and John said they would now have to go to the other side of the bush.
10 years later Tom and Ava were 20, they got married while Kara decided to return to her family. They were overjoyed to see Kara alive and well. James and Emily were asking why she hadn't returned. Kara replied, I have a life now, I've got a husband and married children. The parents shouted, we are grandparents! Twice for 20 years, replied Kara soon to be great grandparents. Wow said Emily. Come with me I'll introduce you stated Kara. Meet the kids, Ava and Tom, introduced Kara, and my mate John. Ava and Tom soon had a baby boy named Arthur.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!