Ghosts Do Exist

One night two boys were lost. Their names were Jack and Prajeet. They had got lost during their school camp. The bus had left without them because they had forgotten to ask their teacher before going to the toilet. Their teacher was careless and did not check if there were any students that were not on the bus. So, the bus left and they were left behind.
"I never want to see that ugly stupid teacher that left us behind." said Jack angrily "But it was just as much our fault for not asking to go to the toilet." Said Prajeet quite calm but frightened. "But still it's that stupid teacher for not checking." Said Jack "Well insulting her won't get us out of this, now let's go to bed it's very late" said Prajeet.
Soon they were both fast asleep, exactly at midnight Prajeet was woken by a strange noise. "Wake up Jack I heard a noise, and I think it was coming from the river." Said Prajeet “You must have imagined it." Said Jack still half asleep, then the noise came again it sounded like 'Woo' and this time Jack heard it. "I hear it to" said Jack "Let's go and find out what it is" said Prajeet. So, they started walking towards where the noise was coming from. (The river).
As soon as they got there they saw it. It looked like smoke, but when they looked more closely at it, it had a face and it could only be ... "A GHOST" screamed Prajeet and Jack together "WHO GOES THERE" bellowed the ghost. Jack and Prajeet were too scared to speak or move. Then the ghost saw them. "Look here, two little boys out in the middle of the night, then the ghost started chasing them. "RUN INTO THE RIVER" shouted Prajeet.
So, they jumped into the river. It was cold and dark. They silently floated along the river. "THE GHOST IS FOLLOWING US ON THE RIVERBANK." Shouted Jack "I know, and there's an even bigger problem, the current is pulling us to a waterfall." Said Prajeet. They were both panicking, but suddenly they both saw a tree branch just low enough to grab. So, they grabbed it and the ghost fell over the edge. Relieved they climbed back to the riverbank.
Then they walked back to where they were sleeping. Then they heard a car come and stop, and Jack's parents stepped out. They ran and hugged him. Prajeet a little disappointed his parents hadn't come so he asked "Where are my parents?" "Your parents are dead, they got so worried they died, so you'll have to come and live with us, quickly let's go back to our house so you two can get some sleep. Soon they were in bed, they were both almost asleep when they heard ... "Thought you can get rid of me so easily." They opened their eyes and saw the ghost in front of them "So now let me show you a different story!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!