Principal For A Day!

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

Today started the same as every other school day. I got up and went to school.

It seemed like another normal day until an announcement came over the school’s speaker.

“Mathew, to the Principal’s office.”
Oh no. What did I do wrong? I ran and as I got to his office,the principal, asked me to take a seat with a smile. Phew, I wasn’t in trouble.

He asked me if I could do a big favour for him.
“Of course, I can.”

I couldn’t believe it when he told me he had to go to an important meeting and asked if I could be the PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY!

My jaw dropped to the floor. I was shocked. He wished me good luck and off he went.

I WAS IN CHARGE!

Time to make some changes around the school.

I began a list of new rules.

The new list:
1. Play XBOX whenever
2. Wear any clothes to school
3. Free lunch orders
4. Go Kart races around the oval
5. Pets allowed in school
6. Music allowed to be played in class
7. Longer lunch breaks
8. School starts at 9:30 am
9. A Ninja Warrior course for P.E.
10. Magic lessons to change things.

As I finished my list I sat back in the Principals chair (MY CHAIR NOW), and admired my work.

Just as I was about to call a staff meeting, I heard a familiar voice calling me.

‘Hurry up, hop out of bed otherwise you’ll be late for school.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!