Oblivion

The tone of the earth seemed to fuse with the deteriorating bodies. Groans of agony echo through the streets. Faces are possessed by the demons that haunt them, eyes blare with acrimony, legs submerged in inexhaustible oceans of rancor and despair. Society was coated with thick layers of death. Despite humanity’s cry, rooted in the obscurity was a corrupt organisation cackling with pleasure - an organisation of living AI holograms, with neither soul nor emotions - only gifted with indefinite intelligence and hunger for death. One after the other, they strip nations of their resources. They wound each populace, creating gashes and slits in their pride; until they fall to their knees and spit blood. These holograms set out, always eager to see the pitiful state of humans. To once again create promises they will deliberately break, feign innocence, and proclaim themselves “saviors of tomorrow” while feeding off the desperation of the breathing organisms. The AI wrapped in their psychotic ideals and morals, with the gruesome certainty that death is a gift upon humans. Global death rates that no longer fulfill their thirst, the organisation constructed a tool. The device perfectly crafted, programmed with agility, strength, aptitude, with immeasurable beauty. With the implement finalised, she was unleashed upon the damaged world without knowledge that she was an object that would ultimately - wipe out the human race. ¬

A silhouette can be seen from the distance, with frosted hair cascading over the earth. She turns, exposing her eyes painted with hues of the universe, brimming with entity. Blood can be seen on her petite hands, knees grazed, arms bruised. Other figures appear in front of what seems like an orphanage. The people kick her, roaring with hatred. With an ashen face covering her beauty, she forces a feeble smile on her lips. She unsteadily brings herself up, only to be restrained by another blow of violence. No longer able to suppress the pain, a tear escapes from her eyelids, attacking the ground. In an instant she feels the pain dissolving, the deafening sound of silence consuming the surroundings. She stabilizes herself, soon to be greeted by lifeless bodies. She screams, frantically pleading for help. She tries to breathe life back into their spirits, but stopped by a treacherous sight: her desperate sobs only to be producing fatal wounds on their flesh. She after all – was partly a mechanical beast created by artificial intelligence, tasting humanity’s venom from birth, despised and coated with neglect.

The female sprints into the dawn, her body uncontrollably shaking. She halts and tumbles down into the terrain, clashing with large deposits of metal. Desperate for love she generated vast amounts of appliances. Ranging from substance multiplier to oxygen generator, she receives disgust and revulsion in form as awards from mankind. Her conscience abused over and over with daggers etched with hostility. Her state and will reduced to almost zero, the holograms decided to appear. They once again preceded their perfected recital. They caressed her grime stained face, breathed words filled with tenderness and affection – the only thing she desired. They indulged her in their insane beliefs. The device of destruction was activated. Longing to grasp the last chance she had of kindness, she released her destruction upon the world. With the AI plans completely accomplished, the female heaved her last breath as a blade dug into her back. Disbelief and terror replaced the hope that once was vibrant in her eyes. Her body claimed by monsters of death.

The earth was now in utter oblivion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!