Back To Reality

“Your majesty, it is time to rise”. I groan and turnover in my pillow. I can feel the silk as I bury deeper into its grasp, away from the outside world. “Your breakfast is ready” she says, as she walks out the room. She stops at the doorway. “You really must be up now sire. You have classes today and you don’t want to be late”. I get up from bed and dress into my robes. I sweep out of my room and down the marble staircase, through the gleaming kitchen chambers, and into the glass dome that houses my diamond encrusted dining table. I sit in my chair at the table and almost instantly a servant seemingly flies across the floor to push it in. I love how they could do that, when they seem to fly across the floor, slower than a run but faster than a walk. I finished my breakfast, not anything too fancy, just some Banana Crêpes with Peaches and cream, and stride down to the great hall where a servant is waiting with my bag, which I take and push through the heavy oak doors out into my exotic gardens. As I stroll over to my royal carriage pulled by two magnificent white horses I noticed a woman I hadn’t seen before was talking to the carriage driver. Seeing me she hurried off back to the manor. I get into the carriage, careful not to bump my head on the ornamental gold trim, and I soon forget about the mysterious woman. We ride across the front lawns and through the curling silver gates that marked the end of my personal kingdom. On the journey to the royal school, I fall asleep in the back seat. My driver wakes me with an embarrassed look on her face and hands me my bag. When I get out of the carriage I must have looked pretty ruffled because a few other boys started snickering behind their carefully manicured hands. I dust off my shirt and hurry to class. As I check my schedule for my first lesson I exclaim “Yes, fencing!” “My best subject” I thought to myself, “I’ll show them”. As I walked into class I hear someone calling out. “Leo, Leooooo”. As I sit down I realize that there was no Leo in our class. Then everything started to shake and went black. I opened up my eyes groggily and looked around. Everyone was staring at me.”Leo” I hear again and as I turn around my teacher, Mrs Maywether looms over me.”Leo, this is the third time you have fallen asleep in class this week. It is not OK.” “Yes, Mrs Maywether.” She sighs and turns around and walks to the front of the class.”OK everyone can you please open up your books to page 57.” I yawn as I open my book, thinking about the world I had just left, and the one I had just entered. Back to reality.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!