Haunted House

As I walked out the door I felt the cold shiver of winter running down my spine. My scarf flew away from my face while I walked in the opposite direction of the wind, It was really windy. It was dark maybe a little too dark to how I like it, probably because these street lights were too old and needed to be replaced. The leaves blew in the wind and slid on the sidewalk behind me, in a way it sounded like footsteps I wanted to look and see if it was but I was a little to scared to do so. I kept walking. Getting more and more lost in the fog with every step that I took. I saw a house. The flowers in the front were dead, the windows were broken and the grass was knee high. I was tempted to go into the house and find out what was in it. Little did I know later I would find out that it was a big mistake. One foot after the other I slowly placed them on the cracked pavement. The wind was whistling softly. I reached for the handle but the door opened with a loud creek. I stepped in. The floorboards were creaking. There was a shadow. It was large. Huge in fact. But I ignored it. The door shut behind me. This time softly and slowly. I knew that I had made a mistake. Thick, red liquid was leaking down the rusty, old walls. I saw writings on the walls and even heard children laughing. The carpet hard dirt and blood stains on it. I saw a shadow walking towards me. I tried to swallow my saliva but my mouth seemed drier than the Sahara desert. The shadow came closer, I closed my eyes with fright. As I managed to open my eyes I saw the most ugly thing I had ever seen, it’s breath was stinky and it’s hands were sweaty. A dog barked outside and it vanished into the air. I sprinted for the door with no hesitation. The lights were flickering as fast as a olympic runner. But I was not fast enough. The monster stood in front of me, lifted me up and squeezed me and I was no longer alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!