Sacrifices

Her gown flew out behind her as she began to descend the grand staircase. Johnny lay lifeless in a pool of his own blood at the base of the stairs and when Zoe came upon his body, she began to wail. She wiped her eyes and laughed at the thought of him, the thought of the cuts where her knives had once taken residence. She carefully stepped over his body and began rolling him up into the rug on which he slept. "Done, now what?" a voice yelled from the other room and out walked Christopher, blood splattered all over his designer brand clothing. He ran his blood covered hands through his strawberry blonde hair as he approached her. "Open the Porsche boot for me, we need to get rid of him," she said in a calm voice. “Okay but we gotta stop at the store, we're gonna need bleach.”
She dragged the lifeless, limp body through the house to the garage where they threw it into the boot and climbed into the car. "We have a few hours until he starts to smell and bloat so let's get this over with," Christopher exclaimed, sounding like he'd done this before.
Zoe waved to neighbours as she drove past, trying to look as normal as anyone with a dead body in their boot could. They drove for hours and hours until they came upon an empty road lined with trees. They climbed out of the car and removed the body from the boot. "I never really like you," Zoe whispered as they tossed the rug down into a nearby ditch. "Let's get out of here before someone turns up," Christopher said in a worried tone.
She drove to a nearby store and bought a few bottles of bleach and some sponges. Christopher said he'd stay in the car as he was covered in blood and ‘it may create suspicion’. Zoe rolled her eyes at this comment as she continued into the store. By the time they arrived home, it was already dark. They stayed up late into the night cleaning the blood from every possible nook and cranny and by the time the sun rose, they had showered, changed and disposed of all possible evidence in the house. Zoe slept until 3 that afternoon and when she awoke, Christopher was nowhere in sight so she assumed he had gone home but she knew she still had to clean the car.
As she went into the garage, she looked inside and realised, the car was gone and so was the blood, all that was left was a note that read,
"Zoe, I took your car in exchange for not telling anyone about yesterday's events. I'm sure the insurance money you will receive after they find him will be enough to cover a new one.
Christopher"
And she never saw her estranged lover again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!