Caged

The smell of sewage blocked my nose, I felt hard cement where I lay on the floor, my eyes snapped open to a blaring light. I immediately felt my head spinning quickly and a searing pain coming from my forehead. I remembered everything. What was I doing here? Where was I? What time was it? I slowly adjusted to the light and sat up. The room around me was made of white bricks with a sink and a toilet in the corner, with a single bed in the other with a red rose lying lightly on it. I stood up, swaying a little, my head feeling heavy, as I made my way to the bed. I picked the rose from the bed, smelling its sweet scent, staring at its red petals, my hand shaking. I then noticed a door with a small window with metal bars. I paced over to it, gripping the bars so tight my knuckles went white, screaming urgently ‘help’ into the long dark corridor with a single light at the very end of it. A tall, mysterious figure of a man lured underneath it with a hideous smirk on his face, staring fiercely at me, dangling a key in his hand.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!