I Love You

"Ethan, hurry up!" She yelled as I watched her run up the hill as I remained my walking pace. I could never understand how this girlfriend of mine could get so energetic this early in the day.

"Anastasia!" I yelled after her. She stops and turns back. Stopping in my path I started to admire her beauty from the bottom of the hill while she stood at the tip, the cherry blossom petals danced around her before falling gracefully to the ground. Her white dress fluttered in the slight breeze while her beautiful brown wavy locks fell gracefully over her shoulders and her baby hair latched onto her soft, porcelain skin. I run after her and when I had caught up, she interlocks our fingers, a beautiful smile gracing her face.

"You've finally caught up," she teases which makes me chuckle, the corners of my mouth smiling ear to ear.

We arrive at the crossroad which was empty and as we waited, we began to talk about each others day. How her voice sounded every time she opened her mouth was like a lullaby to me. The light turned green and we began to walk. Suddenly, the sound of blaring horns caught our ear. Both our heads turned to the right as we saw a van coming towards us quickly.

"Ethan, watch out!" She pushes me back towards the sidewalk and before she could jump off the crossroad herself, it was already too late. I saw her fly back. It was like a slow-motion video. She hit the ground like an unwanted doll ... so vulnerable, so fragile. I stood up and ran to her immediately without hesitation. People started to crowd and shatter in worrisome as I overheard someone on the phone with the ambulance.

"Anatasia, stay with me. Keep your eyes open. Don't leave me," her weak, shaking hands rise as the delicate feeling of her fingertips touched my cheeks. The tingling sensation it gave as it brushed against my skin is something that can't be explained with words. My vision started to become blurry with the new layer of tears.

"I love you Ethan," she said it. The three words I've dreaded to hear since the beginning, she finally said it but I wanted to hear more. This can't be the last time I hear her sweet, innocent voice, "...please," she chokes, tears of her own started to fall, "... don't ... forget that..." She smiles ... that sweet, innocent smile. Despite everything she managed to bring herself to still smile for me. Her eyes slowly became heavy and ... eventually ... it all came a close and her hands fell to the ground without a sound.

"No! No! No! No! DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!" I screamed with everything my lungs could manage in one breathe. I pulled her limp body closer as her blood smeared over my clothes and onto my skin. My eyes were flowing with unstoppable tears and my heart felt tight and restricted.

I love you too.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!