Haunted House

HAUNTED HOUSE…

If only I hadn’t been late, or speeding or been pulled over by the POLICE. Mistakes seem to be second nature in my life. I should’ve got out earlier , but I slept in. Footsteps echo in the dark night. I follow the sound of the voice echoing in the distance. A dark, tall figure appears smothered in smoke. The smell of something sweet lures me in. The long, overgrown grass brushes against my legs.

Cobwebs, dust and fallen bricks surround me. A voice sings a sweet song. Bitterness is in my mouth. The trees are dancing in the wind, making a soft rustling noise. The cold wind tingles my spine, making me shiver. My coat slips off and the cold air reaches my bare shoulders. Fear creeps in.

The sweet song continues but I feel unsafe. The sweet smell of flowers fill the room. Fresh daisies, in this old house? SMASH! A beautiful old antique shatters into pieces. As I lean down to clean up the million bits of glass. CLICK! The lights flicker off. The room grows dark. CLICK! The lights flicker back on. An old suit is 3 feet away. I can’t resist, although it looks like it could wither away with the touch.

Suddenly something grabs me. My life flashes before my eyes. A scream pierces through the dark, clouded night. A bright light appears. Help ME! Someone please.
HELP ME………………….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!