Haunted House

I wish I had filled up with petrol, now I am stuck in the middle of nowhere with no phone and no signal. I feel my heart pounding as I rush for help.

Then right in front of me I see an old house, it’s dusty and dirty and that’s only the outside, I don't even want to look inside. As I get closer to the door I hear someone scream, I feel the door handle it’s cold and rusty. I push open the door and it smells like it has been freshly painted.

I hear someone scream again and then I run up the stairs not knowing where the sounds coming from. It’s getting louder I open the door and see a small boy crying and lying on the floor not knowing who he is. I ask “what has happened” and before he can answer I wake up.

As I open my eyes I see the young boy from my dream sitting at the edge of my bed. It’s at that time I realise he is my brother that passed away 4 years ago.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!