I Just Want A Friend

The room shone as though it was the moon in the night sky. Booming voices drifted through the air like smoke on a battlefield. A petite girl stood at the back of a bustling toy store, her name was Anabelle. Anabelle had long flowing blond hair that reached the small of her back. Her eyes looked like pools of the darkest ocean blue and she wore a pastel pink sun dress. Her porcelain skin looked so delicate, almost like if you touched it she would shatter into a million pieces. She watched as the children ran around asking for this toy and that toy, parents trying to keep hold of their hyperactive kids. It was rather an amusing sight and Anabelle couldn’t help the small smile that made its way on her pale pink lips. Oh how she wished someone would turn her way and talk to her. Just as she thought that, a young girl who looked about five walked up to Anabelle. The girl had fiery red hair and bright vibrant green eyes. Anabelle observed the girl as she skimmed over to the shelf of dolls. Once the girl was about a metre from where Anabelle stood she squealed whilst gazing at a sun kissed doll with caramel brown hair and mint green eyes in a fancy emerald green ball gown. The girl ran to get her mother and dragged her to where the doll was. It was obvious as to why the girl chose that doll, it was indeed beautiful. Anabelle watched as the doll was taken to the checkout, placed into a lavish box and passed to the vibrant haired girl. Many more of the toys where given the same treatment as they were sent on their way to their new home, with a loving family. Probably with a place with a massive doll house for them to live in, and have tea parties with other dolls and old scruffy teddy bears. Anabelle having spent no time with a real family, never knew what it was like to play without a care in the world. The toy shop felt like the homiest place on earth for her. She felt as though she belonged there, but she still felt alone and wished for a real home. Someone who would care for her with all their heart. Someone that would love her flaws and all. A family that would except her for who she was and wouldn’t judge her. But that day never came for Anabelle because no one noticed her. No one looked her way, no one gave her love. At the back of a bustling toy store stood a small china doll. She had long flowing blond hair that reached the small of her back and the eyes of the deepest ocean blue. Her name was Anabelle the doll. She stood alone on her shelf waiting for someone to buy her. Her last thought was ‘I just want a friend’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!