I Don't Believe In Magical Creatures

Magical creatures are no doubt a complete fairy tale made for children such as me to think that mermaids crawl the depths of the ocean or fairies flutter around in the garden. But not a single word of if it is true. It is ridiculous that grown-ups actually think we would believe in their silly stories. But they didn't trick me, not a bit. The reason I don't believe in childish stories is that there is absolutely no logic or science leading to something such trolls, ogre’s or fairies. I mean there has been very few claims of mythical creatures but no evidence whatsoever.
By the way my name is Hannah Attsott and this story starts at Loters cove, when I recalled seeing a shiny something in our run down yard. I live with my father and a small, grey kitten, Tina. Now this shiny something I ignored completely because it was probably just a wet leaf. But I kept seeing it day after day but I kept on ignoring it when I should of been interested. After days of glancing at it my curiosity got the better of me to go and have a look. The grass was wet and slippery with wild flowers sprouting in every possible place. As it had been raining my sneakers made a watery kind of ‘sluge’ every time I took even a tiny step. I picked the small object up and cradled it in my hands as if it a precious gem. To be fair it did look a heck of a lot like a gem. I ‘sluged’ back into the house examining it trying to figure out what exactly this small gem was. I swung my door open still looking at the gem and collapsed on my bed. I was getting dreary trying keep my eyes open to just have one more look at the gem.
I was floating, flying in the soft wind. Floating over hills and trees with a person that seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on. They had beautiful feathery wings flapping with a firm rhythm through the air. It was a glorious feeling, just floating like you can do anything you want. I was soaring, but falling, into what seemed a huge gaping hole, into darkness…….
I sat up. Was tangled in my dirty bed sheets panting like I had just run a marathon. I glanced at the gem and snachted it off my bedside table. It made me feel safe, nobody can hurt me. But out of the very corner of my eye I spied another shiny object. But this did not ignore it. It was calling to me, soft voice speaking “Hannah, Hannah!” I slowly followed the sound the voice. The glittery spark was in my wardrobe. I cupped it in my hands when I realised it was squirming like a beetle. I unfurled my hands and it was a fairy. A beautiful glittering fairy. It had transparent wings with bright orange, gorgeous.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!