Dangerous Enchantment

It was any other normal day, until it wasn't. The air turned black all around me. Everyone was in shock. This wasn't just a harsh, winter day. The black air represented the terrible enchantress coming. I knew she was after me. I am a regular girl, with powers and magic. I battled the enchantress’ daughter, Lydia, several years ago. Lydia had tried to kill me, but it ended up being the opposite. It was for a good cause, she was going to turn everyone into slaves after her mother retired from ruling her land. But I didn't let that happen. Now the enchantress wants revenge on me.
I had been preparing for this for several years. I was determined to protect the population. Lightning shots came around the area. Everyone ran inside their homes and hid. I stayed put, it was my battle. ‘So we meet again,’ the evil enchantress yelled, with a smirk. I stared at her in silence. I was furious. ‘Speechless are you? Why can’t you surrender?’ she asked.
‘I would never surrender, I want to stand my ground and save the population!’ I cried with determination. The enchantress gave an evil, angry smirk. She was not going to be easy to beat. She armed her powerful lasers at me. I was ready.
As the enchantress shot her lasers, I leapt through the air. I needed a chance to fight back with my powers, but I didn't know when. The enchantress screamed at the top of her voice, and transformed into a violent, dark dragon. I gasped. I didn't know how I was going to defeat her. As she tried to whip me with her tail in the dark, dusty air, I ran. I was frightened, knowing this was how she killed my leader. I gasped as a thought came to mind. The enchantress always makes the air turn black when she comes about, because she melts in the sunlight. I needed to find a way to shine sunlight on her. As she searched for me, I ran into a hiding spot. Through my hi-tech watch, I called my friend, a fellow trainer, who was a master at inventing devices. ‘Do you need any help?’ she asked,
‘Do you still have that sunlight beamer?’ I responded in fear. She nodded and told me where she was. I ran, whilst being low key. Buildings were coming down as her dragon legs trotted. When I made it to my destination, in silence she handed me the device. We smiled with determination and I ran back to the enchantress. As she was about to shoot me, I yelled, ‘Watch out for the sun!’ with sarcasm, and blasted her in the eyes. She screamed and melted down. The population was saved. I couldn't believe I had eliminated her. Everyone was safe. As the people came out of their homes,... they thanked me. Now my secret of having powers was out, but I’m glad I was able to save the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!