Wartorn Place

I'm walking down the war torn street with my best friend Jack. Then I hear an ear deafening BANG!! Then Jack falls to the ground. My heart sinks I duck back behind a crashed car. I drag Jack's body behind the car too. My eyes are swelling with tears I can barely see. Jack is bleeding crazily out of his chest. He opens his mouth to speak but I quickly say “save your breath.” I'm crying so much my top is soaking wet from tears. I have already lost one person in my life I don't want to lose another. “Run while you still can” says Jack in a weak voice.
“No i'm not losing you” I replied. I look down at Jack's wound it hurts me to see him in pain. Then I realized what just happened I can see a bullet in jack's bloody chest. “A sniper” I say a sniper just shot Jack. Before I can help aid him the glass from the car smashes and fall on me and Jack. Then a grenade rolls next to Jack I run for my life. Then a huge explosion explodes behind me. The force of the explosion pushes me to the ground scraping my face against the asphalt. I know Jack is dead and seeing him will make me cry plus the sniper is still hiding somewhere. I run around the bend of the street. I see a group of troops with fully automatic guns. I'm not sure if they're on our side or the governments. I don't want to take any chances so I try to avoid them by jumping the barbed wire fence to the abandoned school. I cut myself on the barbed wire it stings. Then I think of Jack it makes my cut hurt even more. I run through the school trying to avoid the mob of troops. I am now moving quietly through the bush then I think they see me. They throw something at me. Then a canister goes through the bushes and rollers towards my feet. Then neil gas starts to pour out of the canister they did this to get me out of here I have to run out or I will choke on the neil gas. So I go out to see them. their guns are pointing at me this is it. Then one of the men put there hand out so I can shake it. I sake his hand. He starts to laugh then I realize why. On his arm he had a big skull and crossbones but the bones were replaced with AK-47’s my heart sank. He’s a pirate he's with either the government's side. (army/government) or the “workers” side (the civilian/police/other) they were on there own side called the “Ace of Spades” which was like the third party of the civil war.
I realize that this is it i'm done for. Then they lifted their guns and shot me and it all ended there

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!