Sad Story

All the boys swing through the corridors on the lockers, bullies beating up kids, teasing them, giving them wedgies, all the same as last semester, the typical first day back. Jake Ignores these things as he sees his girlfriend, Nancy, striding down the hall, slowly and steadily. He hadn't seen Nancy all holidays so he decides to greet her with his warm, gentle smile. He expects a smile back, she does but seems bothered.

“ Jake” she says in her calm voice. “ We can't be together anymore, i can't tell you why, i'm breaking up with you” Moved, he replies panicky
“ What?! Why, did i do something wrong?” Tears trickle down her face as she cries “No, it's not you, it's me, i need to go” “Just remember” he whimpers “ i'll always be here in case you change your mind” with a swift nod she runs away crying.

Jake didn't see her the next day, the next week and started to get worried about her. Hands trembling, he dialed her number. He got a nerve of shock every-time the phone beeped, but after what seemed 100 beeps someone picked the phone up; it's was her mother.

“ Hello” She sounded so much like Nancy, he could hardly breathe nor tell the difference. “ Hey, it's your daughter's ex-boyfriend, Jake. I haven’t
Seen her at school, is she ok?” Nancy's mother hesitated. “ You didn't hear about it, did you?” “ Hear about what?” His heart raced at a thousand kilometres an hour wondering what happened.

“ She is in hospital” she said trembled in fear. “ They don't know how much longer she has to live” Devastated, the boy rushed to the hospital and asked if he could see her. The doctor bowed his head and said “ I'm sorry, it's too late. She recently passed away, we just notified her parents” Jake's heart snapped. He could not believe this was true. “ Can i see her one last time please?” “ I'm sorry we aren't allowed any visitors to come in. But she did give us a note, it's doesn't have a name but i'm guessing it's you” The boy unfolded the note, heartbroken and sad. “ Dear Jake, i love you so much. I always thought we would have a family, get married, grow old together. I've been severely sick lately. I didn't want to tell you because i wanted you to be happy. I thought that you would get over it after i dumped you. I figured this way you wouldn't feel any pain about my death. I know someday we will be together, when the time is right” The boy didn't know what to do. Later his mum got worried. He never came back to the house. She called the police and after a long night of searching, they found him dead in a ditch. In one hand was Nancy's note, in the other, his note saying “ i would do anything for you”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!