Warrior

Sleep,thats all Cyra wanted.But her brother,Jayden,had other plans.
"Come on!" he said,pulling her thought the forest,his black hair invisible in the sleepless sky.
"What in the world do you want to show me?" Cyra said,her eyes sparkling with annoyance.
"You'll see!" Jayden said. Cyra sighed and tagged along behind her brother.
"Ok,here we are" Jayden said,proudly standing in front of an amazing tree house.
"I made it for you" Jayden said smiling,starting to pull himself up the ladder.
"You coming?" he asked,almost at the top,but she didn't move.To her, this was the greatest thing in the world.Just as she started to walk towards the ladder she heard a spine chilling scream from above. Cyra looked up to see Jayden fall out of the tree,an arrow sticking out of his back.
"Jayden!" she screamed,running over to his body.His blue eyes were glazed over,his chest not rising.
"Jayden!" she cried,leaning over him.
"This needed to happen,its part of your destiny" somebody said from behind her,his voice dry and emotionless. Cyra turned to look at a teen boy standing with a bow in his hand.
"You killed him..." Cyra whispered,standing up.
"As i said,it had to happen" the boy answered.And that was it,that changed something in Cyra,something major in her system .She charged at the boy,her eyes brimming with hatred.Her hands lit up with twilight black mist.She didn't know what it was and it scared her,but not as much as the boy that killed her brother.The boy dodged,jumping out of the way.Though Cyra did something that nobody had done for years.She melted into the shadows,reappearing behind the boy.She pulled a dagger out of his pocket,her hand fitting into the silver handle perfectly.The boy turned to face her,stare into her menacing blue eyes.
"This is for Jayden" she said,throwing the dagger,hitting him right in the chest.He fell to the leaf dappled ground,his green eyes fading,the colour soaking into the forest leaves.Cyra looked down at the dead body,shaking.She bent down to grb the dagger,slipping it into her pocket.She turned to her brothers body,and tears slipped down her freckly cheeks as she started to drag him back to her house.As she went to knock on the door she released that her hands were still smothered in the black mist,but she ignored it.When her mother opened the door she slapped Cyra.
"You brought the power back!" her mother screamed
"And you made them find us!"Cyra looked down at the mist,what even was this power?
"Leave,or do you want them to hunt us all down!" her mother screamed at her again.
"LEAVE." And thats what she did,she ran towards the sunrise,tears running down her cheeks,her chocolate hair flying in the morning wind.She ran away,as the most powerfull person in the world

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!