Take Me To Earth

I sometimes feel lonely, up here in the sky. During the day I watch people go about their lives. Although I'm surrounded by millions of other stars I tend to feel ignored. I'm Demi and I am a star and I'm 13 years and 324 days old. Since I am a star I move around but don't really meet anyone so I don't have friends, any family, no home. Lucky for you this story is not about my miserable life. No, this is a story about a human girl meeting a star.
It all began 324 days ago, on my birthday. Hi my name is Kate Saffron, allow Demi and I to tell you a story. You see I was finding my life very boring so I started to learn about stars because every night I would look up into the night sky and see a girls face looking at me. I decided that I would build a rocket to go see what was up there. For my birthday every year I
was given more parts until finally the day before my birthday it was all complete.
The girl on earth was all prepared to come into space. I hoped she would see me. In a few hours the rocket would be coming towards me. That night I thought a lot about her trip.
Would she see me? Will it work? I trembled with fear but excitement too.
The day had finally arrived I was all prepared to go. BLAST-OFF!!! The rocket zooming through the air. I looked back down and could see my mother and father crying and talking. Up above I saw the face in the dark sky. A girl with bright blue hair and little freckles underneath her sapphire eyes.
I could see the girl, brown hair, hazel eyes flying to space. She was next to me when everything went wrong. I knew humans couldn't survive in space.
As the ship crumbled to pieces I jumped into the girls arms. I could breath
"Who are you?"
"My name is Demi and I am a star. On earth you would say that I am 13. How about you?"
"My name is Kate Saffron and I'm 13."
"Why can you breath without any oxygen?"
"Come to earth with me for answers."
"But I can't, I just float around!"
"Come on! Kick your legs and point downwards."
I gave it a go and we were on earth in a day.
Today the girls are going to the science lab.
"Girls we have all the results in!" The scientist
slurred as he spoke.
"Because you were both born from a comet you are stars. Demi never made the journey to earth. You are twins and due to the fact that you're stars, you have the ability to survive without oxygen."
The girls couldn't believe what they were hearing, a pair of long lost sisters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!