A Cat And A Mouse

One morning, a cat was having a rest in his little comfortable bed. Then, a mouse came running across the floor, waking up the cat. The cat had to run after it, that was his job. He was a farm cat! He ran all the way into the village chasing the mouse. The mouse stopped and then the cat thought he could catch him, but….. the mouse then squeezed through the church fence away from the cat! He’d missed him again!
Suddenly, the church bells rang! The cat was too tired from chasing the mouse into the village, so he took a little nap in the church garden. The gardener ’s wife woke the cat up with a big whack from her broom! “What are you doing napping you silly cat!” She yelled.
“ You should be out catching mice!” The cat thought to himself ,“I wish I could catch a mouse, but they are too quick for me.”
He needed to find a way to make himself faster. The cat thought that if he slept a bit more, he might have more energy to go faster. But every time he tried to get more sleep, people kept waking him up by shoo-ing him away with brooms or other tools the farmers and villagers had. He needed to find another way.
The mouse seemed to be getting faster every time he chased it. What the cat didn’t know was that it was a different mouse every time. He didn’t know how many mice there were. There were lots near the farm and the village.
He tried making traps, hiding out and watching for the mice and he also put cheese out for the mouse hoping that he could catch it while it was eating. None of this worked.
One day a big fat mouse came running across the floor, right near the cat. The cat said “This is my chance! He is not very quick.” The cat chased the mouse running as fast as he could and he caught the mouse. HOORAY!
He didn’t know what to do because he had not caught a mouse ever before, so he gave it a big kiss, smacked him on the bottom and set him free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!