Natual Love




We were five when we met; back in kindergarten, where cooties didn't yet exist. We instantly became friends. Every recess, we would both sit by the tunnel where no one ever bothered to go.

Eventually, it was time to leave kindergarten; where we both had to say goodbye. But we both knew that it was time to go our separate ways. Primary School flew by. I made friends but it still felt lonely without him there with me.

A few years later, I went into highschool and instanty noticed someone with the same shaggy brown hair he always had. I ran over to say hi; but it turned out to be someone else.

I got thorugh the pain and hell of highschool, bullies everywhere I turned. and I would ask myself the same question everyday. Would we ever see eachother again?

I graduated from Deakin University with a degree to be a teacher. Another couple of years past, then one night, I decided to ask for devine assistance. "Dear God" I said. " I really want to see him again. Please help. Amen."

The next day, I was walking down to the grocerie store to do my weekly shopping. I walked in, not noticing who was behind the counter. I grabbed a trolley and started to fill it up. I lined up behind one of the checkouts and started to unload my things onto the conveyor belt.

I was looking through my purse for my rewards card when a voice said, " That will be $75.45 please." Then right then and there I dropped my belongings in shock. I had finally found my true love.

I talked to him for ages, gazing into his eyes. I was the luckiest girl in the world. We then became a couple and dated for a few years.

One night, while holidaying in WA, he had taken me to Mitchell Falls. While admiring the view, he suddenly got down on one knee. " Will you marry me?" he asked. " Yes!" I cried, before he could finish.

I was now married to my one true love I'd had all my life. I never knew after 22 years of searching and asking, I would end up being the luckiest girl on Earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!