Hallucinations

Rain gushes outside my window as I cower underneath my blankets. My pastel blue room, warm and cosy. The rain grew heavier, I grew sleepier; falling into deep sleep. As I snuggle into my blanket, thunder struck. Jolting me awake, but not to the extent of my bed shaking. I sigh and began the process of falling into sleep once again. The rain soon enough passed, and I had not fallen into sleep.
I sat up, pull back my curtain windows and looked out into the cloudy, dark night sky. I set my chin on my window ledge and looked at the city below. Sometimes I wish, that I could see the stars without light pollution. What do they really look like here? I see a flash of white move past my window quite fast. What? I haven’t gotten any sleep yet, I must be hallucinating. I sighed and kept looking at the window hoping to find some tiredness. The sky in front of me darkened. It must be raining again soon.
A soft sigh escapes past my lips as I watched the stars soon disappear from my sights again. I decide to lie back down to fall into sleep. I close my eyes and begin to relax. I hear a small knock on my window, thinking it was just the harsh wind I let it be.
The moon light shone through the window, dimly lighting my room up. I open my eyes, looking around my room. I cannot seem to sleep.
I sit up and move back to my window. I open pull open my white curtains to be greeted with a human figure sitting on my window ledge. A small scream leaves my lips as I stare into the back of the figure.
I pinch my cheek in efforts to grasp reality, it hurts. I move quietly to open my window to check if I am really hallucinating. I move the latch up, and gently open my window, hoping that it won’t make a sound. My breath hitches as I open the window almost fully.

I move my window into position just as it squeaks. I stop breathing and look up.
My eyes widen in shock as I stare into brown eyes. I scramble to get my phone and turn on the flashlight, directing it. A boy. I look at him; blue hair, curly bob cut, a vertically striped navy blue and white shirt. He looks like a sailor.
He smiles and at me, “Hello.” My mouth hangs open in shock.
“Am I hallucinating?” I ask myself out loud. I hear a deep giggle, “No you’re not, I’m real.”
“I haven’t gotten any sleep yet.” I laugh the nervousness off. The boy gets up and takes my hand.
“Let’s go!” he exclaims. “Where?!” I ask.

“Down!” The boy runs to the window pulling me along and jumps out. I scream all the way down.
He laughs, why may you ask? Because we were flying in mid-air.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!