Madness

Tears run my down my cheek as I write this, my heart is throbbing and trying to bulge out of my stomach. My mouth tastes as if I am about to puke. I have no words to describe how I am feeling. A decision I make is tempting me inside. I look out my window dazed druggies are disregarding the deceased, deserting the destroyed domains, down the line of live blood, devil's decision of demolition, dividing the democracy, disemboweling the dead ruins of the people, disaster of the future deadline has been reached. Screams were too loud, 100% sure they would be heard from far away along with an unpleasing voice of disgruntle. I look back down to my left hand. So pale... So small... So fragile... could snap with a simple twist. The paper yellow with dirt and dust, smudged ink trails along the paper and my hand.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication, willpower and sacrifice. You will need to push your body to the max. There will be temptation. But its worth it.. I promise.

I read the letter out, it still saddens me that I have to do this, but it is for the best. I roll up the paper, and clip it onto the claws of the owl. The smokey black owl flies off into the burning world. A chuckle racked my ears from behind and I turn around so fast that I lose my footing and fall down. You could easily tell my eyes showed fear but most of all betrayal. His voice, the way his eyes shined in the burning light.

"I was pacing back and forth, talking to myself, suicidal, looking for a blade to cut with. I am not all together here. I am dead on the inside. I'm a teenage meth addict that never stood a chance, Tina drove me insane"

His smiles is crooked and his teeth all chipped and few missing. Whom I once thought was my true love, how surely I was wrong. I gave up on him. Hearing my name escape from his lips makes me want to melt as I use to. However, I could not let him do that to me. At least not again. I close my eyes as he harshly starts to yell at me saying I hurt him, how I drove him to madness, how my actions lead him to be like this. I could not take it any longer, the pain was choking me from the inside, I could not speak, and my mouth was dry. My brain could not think of anything else. Except for the dagger. The one he keeps in his belt. Surely, he still would not have it on him after all these months. It could be a possibility but not likely. I slowly open my eyes back his and his face redder than a firetruck, sweat dripping off his forehead. It was as if the veins in his neck would pop out any moment.

My fear slowly starting to take over as he slowly becomes on top of me. His legs straddling my small frame, placing his hands on the desk behind slowly lowering his face to mind, I could not take this anymore, I knew he wasn't any different from before. It's not possible, but I guess it's worth a try.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!