Natasha’s Creepy Holiday House

“Have you finished packing?” Natasha excitedly called out as she threw her last shirt into her bag.
“Yes! I have.” replied her sister Neela.
Neela was excited; it was her first time going to a holiday house. “Let’s go!” Natasha yelled as she rushed to the car. Neela raced Natasha to the front seat.
Off they went on their long journey. Neela opened her window so all the fresh air from outside came into the car. The air made Neela’s hair float as if she was in space! Suddenly, Natasha felt sleepy and cuddled down in the back seat to sleep.
Later, they arrived. “WOW! This house is beautiful! There is so much to explore.” Natasha said, excitedly. “Wait for me” called Neela.
“Wow this garden is like haven.”
“AHHHHHHH!” Screamed Neela!
“What happened?” asked Natasha.
“Look at the ground there is… blood. It looks like spilled sauce!” They were horrified. They rushed back to the house, running fast like the Flash!
“Mum!” cried the girls! “What happened?” said their mum, shocked.
“Mum there is something in our garden!”
“Is this some kind of a prank?” said mum, staring at both the sisters.
“No mum, it’s not a prank! COME!” they called, as they rushed to the garden.
“See, look, here look closely mum.” Said Natasha.
“There is nothing there” said mum, she looked at the girls like they were crazy.
“What? It was right here! Where did it go?” said Neela.
“Let’s go back inside.” said mum, walking away.
Back in the bedroom the girls spoke in whispers. “Hey Natasha, listen carefully. What we saw might be easily explained, don’t think about it. Let’s go to sleep.”
Late that night, Natasha screamed so loud Neela thought her ears would pop! Someone had tried to frighten Natasha, but it was gone. The girls knew something was up, they needed to investigate. They made a plan to stay awake the following night like owls. Neela would stay in the bed, while Natasha would hide in the cupboard. Together they would catch the person.

Night came, and Neela pretended to sleep, while Natasha hid in the cupboard. Their plan worked, the person came and was making spooky noises while flicking the lights on and off. The person saw that Neela wasn’t scared. Confused, it decided to grab Neela by the neck! But Neela stayed calm, knew Natasha was waiting in the cupboard. Natasha dived on the person’s back and ripped off the mask. They were shocked by what they saw. It was their best friend!

Nicole revealed that she only did it because she was jealous of their fun trip away without her. She wanted to teach them a lesson, but realized it was wrong. Neela and Natasha forgave her, and invited Nicole to join them on the rest of their holiday. They began happily dancing, and hugging. The girls’ parents came in the room, they were surprised, but happy that their daughters had their friend to enjoy their holiday with.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!