Bad Dreams

One eerie night I was alseep in my cosy blue bed, when I heard a big thud. Then I followed the noise up the creeky staircase and was trying to be very quiet, so as not to wake anyone up. As I reached the top of the staircase, I slowly looked around the corner of the wall to make sure I didn't see any monsters.

Now that I was in the clear I kept on walking carefully and slowly until I reached the attic. I pulled down the staircase from the ceiling and again heard the big thud but this time the noise was closer. I was afraid to go into the attic but the voices in my head was telling me that there's nothing to worry about, it will be all good.

Once again I climbed up the attic stairs and was shaking from fright, I kept inching closer and closer to the noise. Suddenly, my heart started racing really fast because I thought I saw the shadow of the monster, only to my surprise it was all my old stuffed toys.

Oh no, the big thud, it made me jump so high that I came crashing down and I was worried that I woke up the family. I picked myself up and kept looking for the noise. THUD, as I listened carefully, I realised where the noise was coming from, it was an old pipe in the attic walls. I was relieved that there were no monsters in the house.

As I woke up, I realised it was all a BAD DREAM.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!