Haunted

Crack! My heart leaps as a twig snaps under my aching foot. The silvery moon glares down on my stone cold face as the forest begins to swallow me. Crickets chirp noisily and owls hoot constantly bringing shivers to my spine. The night sky stalks me while my quivering body forces me to pace on towards the never-ending bushland. A sudden noise captures my attention. I turn slowly and my fears become reality. Running through the forest with nowhere to go and no one to call, I don't dare to look back. My breath is as hot as a furnace and sweat drips down the back of my neck. The stars glint malevolently like hell is watching over me.I'm running so fast that my heart skips a beat. I fall. Wicked eyes like eternal pools watch. Saliva dripping jaws lurk. Claws sharper than knives wait. My eyes jolt open. My bed is warm and comforting. I sit up, panting, and try not to think about the forest that had haunted my dreams.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!