Far Out!

3089, 8/5/ 89 WEST WASHINGTON DC
I have just woken up from a cryogenic freezing thingy! Apparently I have been asleep more than 2000 years! According to the crazy locals, I have found scattered around the place, they say there was some MASSIVE war that left the entire world scorched! Anyway I found a big stick so I am protected from anything that awaits me in this hot, hot and did I mention hot, wasteland.
3089, 9/5/89 WASHINGTON DC
I met a group of peeps called the ‘Goodies’ and I can’t tell if it’s a lame rip off from that 80’s tv show, but I still decided to help them out. They only want old artifacts from the 80’s, but they pay me! In bottle lids. They got me to go to some old museum where there were 80’s guitars and 80’s tv’s but the only thing they wanted was a dvd. It was a really boring task but I managed to pull through. I am still in this huge (did I mention it was stinky?) labyrinth of old people stuff. I’m bored.
3089, 9/5/89 STILL WASHINGTON DC
I finally found the dvd! Just guess what was on the dvd, the goodies, but I didn’t care because, drum roll please, there was money everywhere! Actually everywhere, even in the bathroom (more specifically in the toilet). I think when all this ‘war business’ was on, they turned a museum full of old people stuff, into a vault full of money! So far I have counted more than 6 dollars! So if a person from the Goodies is reading this, that's why I deserted you.
3089, 9/6/89 SOMEWHERE
I found out that the ‘Goodies’ where actually a group of kooky and deranged bikers that now want to kill me. Yay, smiley face, the money I found was actually their massive horde that they had been saving up, and they lost their DVD. I don’t even know where I am anymore, but I met a monkey and now we are just wandering, and guess who comes flying over the horizon, the Goodies. So if you are reading this journal, you have witnessed something really, far out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!