Pop!

Pop!
Pop! Pop! ‘’ooh balloons!’’ ‘’Leave the balloons alone kids’,’ shouted mother pig. Poppy, Daisy and Henry were triplet piglets - three troublesome triplets. Mother pig always had to keep a watchful eye over them! Poppy was a black pig with brown patches over her eyes, a goody-to-shoes, but was very easily persuaded to be a mischief-maker! Daisy [quite on the contrary] was the naughtiest piglet on the face of this earth! She was pale pink with feet that looked like she had walked in wet mud. Henry was black, brown and white patched he was cheerful and always looked on the bright side of things.
All these piglets lived on ‘Black bridge farm’. Over the hills of vibrant green grass was an old cottage with bright pink flowers covering the walls. When you looked around the house, you could see paddocks of pigs. Big pigs, small pigs, black and brown pigs surrounding the paddocks oinking in time.
‘’Shhh, shut up, get off my tail”. Poppy, Daisy and Henry were on a mission…. It was pitch black. You could hear the sound of a pin drop. Carefully the piglets pushed hay bales up against the door. They climbed up, unlatched the door and trotted into the house
‘’Oh wow, what strange things these are’’ cried Henry. ‘’B-A-L-L-O-O-N-S’’ sounded out Daisy. The piglets soon found out that balloons could fly they suddenly had an idea. ‘’let us tie them around our waists and fly’’, shouted Poppy. Soon all the pigs were flying around the house. What they did not realize was that they had left the door wide open. Henry was floating closer and closer to the door ‘’Quick pop the balloons!’’ screamed Daisy. As she ferociously tried to puncture her balloon with her teeth. ‘’Our teeth are not sharp enough’’ cried Poppy in agony. While they were arguing, they did not realize that they had flown out of the door. They were going higher and higher. Up and up! The pigs tried to grab onto each other to weigh themselves down but they were only piglets and they did not weigh enough.
Unexpectedly a small buzzing sound tingled the hairs in the piglet’s ears. Next a black blurry shape appeared, the buzzing sound got louder and louder until it was unbearable. Was it a bird? Was it a dragon? No, it was a plane. It was showing no signs of stopping. Then the pilot saw them. ‘’Whoever made up the phrase pigs cannot fly has never seen these pigs before’’ said the pilot, over the loudspeaker. A chorus of ‘’Ohhs’’ and ‘’Ahhs’’ could be heard. The pigs were scared stiff they had not yet mastered the art of getting out of the way of a plane! Pop, pop, pop down, down, down the piglets went. Plop! They landed in a big pile of hay. It was still dark they walked back to the barn their mother was still asleep. Good it would be their little secret forever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!