WAR ADVENTURE

“WELCOME TO HELL BOYS” yelled the Sergeant as he laid his bloodshot eyes on my soul. As my icy cold fingers griped the stock of my rifle I thought to myself, is it really worth risking my life to win the war? I’ll lose my family my mother, my father I don’t no what do without my father. He’s my hero. I got a tap on my shoulder from the soldier next to me, he ask. “Hey you scared too?”. I’ll took a minute to think about it. “Well yeah, we’re just about to fight in war you dumb”. “I’m really sorry that came really wrong. I meant to say, I’m extremely scared”. “I thought war would be fun and an adventure, I was obviously wrong”. “Yeah a long way off a fun adventure for shore”. “I don’t want to KILL anyone! and I certainly don’t want DIE”! “ me either”. “I’m to way to young to die. Today at least. But beside the point of killing and dying! I been thinking of plan that we could wait for the backup artillery ships get here. We sneak on, wait for it to leave with the wounded, and then were on our back home. Oh by the way I’m Jack I’m from Sydney Australia, how about you”. “I’m William from Burnley in England”. “I thought I could here a British accent. Well it’s nice to meat you”. “Nice to meat you to”. “So Jack that plan you were talking about. Do think we could pull it off.” “Yeah Maybe but I don’t no when the backup ships are coming.” Said William “ well you might be in a bit of luck because. I overheard the Sargent talking to some other top class soldier about the times and dates”. “Well times and dates of what”. “Oh sorry the times and dates of the backup artillery ships, and when they're coming to pick up the wounded”. “So when are they coming”. “Well, this is where the bad news plays a part. You see they're not coming in until the 5th and 6th”. “You're just kidding right?”. “I wish I was. “Jack I don’t think we will be getting out of here anytime soon”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!