C4 Survivor

As I entered my bedroom, I heard a strange beeping noise. I was exhausted it had been a three-hour soccer grand final and it was dark when I got home. I thought it was my brain telling me to go to sleep quicker. So I slid into my warm snuggly space themed bed without taking my uniform off. As soon as I was in bed I knew something was missing, oh how could I forget Fuzzy the rabbit? Fuzzy was a soft plush rabbit that I got when I was three years old. I had a high addiction to animals, especially to rabbits and hares.
‘Beep, beep, beep, beep, be...come on! What is making that noise? I made a slow moan as if I had to do something impossible, and at my age it was little bit babyish. So I took my covers off, got out of bed and went off to investigate.

I looked under my bed, nothing but old forgotten toys. Suddenly the beeping noise grew louder and louder I looked in the cupboard, nothing again!
‘Beep, beep, beep’ wait it is coming from my wardrobe. I rushed to the other side of the room and slammed open my wardrobe, there I stood frozen, teeth chattering, staring at a massive C4 explosive. I started feeling dizzy and sweat trickled down my forehead. At that stage, the only thing I had in mind was to jump out the window. I sprinted towards the window and jumped.

The next thing I knew was that I am flying in mid air to about to hit the ground. In the faint distance I could hear the massive explosion as our house fell to the ground with a giant thud. The piercing noise cut through my ears like a gunshot. And then, out of the blue I started crying. Then the crying turned into weeping after that it turned into mourning. And then I landed with a big thud. Suddenly I could feel soft, smooth hands patting my back. My crying stopped and I turned around to see a strange boy the same age as me waving to come with him. I wiped the tears of my face and followed him. He led me into a little bunker about seven houses away. Inside he told me that someone or something has planted C4 explosives all around town. Whoever did this needs to be stopped! And that is how we became friends we both survived a C4 explosion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!