Sunset

Tender breezes caress the grass,
As though this sunset is the last.
 
Symphonies of seagulls cry,because they don’t want to say goodbye, patterned footprints scatter the sand, looking random and unplanned.

The Sun’s rays singe the wiry grass,shadows of pointed shards of glass,vibrant red, orange and pink,and blotchy clouds like spilt ink.
 
Fireworks of colour stain the sky,
Because the faithful Sun is about to die,elegant Shadows strewn over the land, making grabbing, Clawing hands.
 
The waves crash in perfect time,the misty foam is Quite divine,heat swamps our skin in the last Attempt,as it’s final moments it can pre-empt.
 
As my toes melt in the sand,the horizon starts to Build and expand, dipping slowly into the Ocean,sipping carefully the salty potion.
 
Welcoming night to take a shift,the world we know Is swamped in gift,potent scent of sand and Ocean,time stands still; no sound, no motion.
 
As bold and daring as a Cleopatra,clouds are like A burning forest of asthma, burning, slicing, Murdering the sky,the joy of day waves the world Goodbye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!