The Exception

The Exception

I used to hear people say the apple never falls far from the tree
However, I am a child who is the exception, you see.
I remember the gunshots ringing loudly in my head.Looking through the window at smiles, made me want to hide.
The deceased bodies lay on the sidewalk, rotting every day.
I lost my parents on a Sunday, ever since then I've been running away.


I feel the depression of loneliness completely overcome me.
As I look over the wreckage of my destroyed family tree.
I feel numb inside, there's no sound and my mouth feels dry.
I ask myself ‘why’ again and again as I begin to cry.
I used to hear people say the apple never falls far from the tree,
However, I am a child who is the exception, you see.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!