Tall

I woke up in my bed taller than I was yesterday. Not just a centimeter taller, a whole 5 meters taller. My legs were sticking out of the bed almost touching the wall.
I stomped down the stairs, having to crouch down so I didn't break the roof. Looking down every thing seemed so tiny. Lucky for me my parents were on vacation with my older brother who was playing in a soccer tournament in France.
Being a 13 year old boy who is now towering over his father I was very hungry. When I opened the fridge door there was a pink note sitting right on top of the family sized pizza I was about to eat it read;
Do not be frightened, we are like you.
Do not leave your house, I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. But you need to come to us we can turn you back to normal, to get to us you need to spin around three times and clap your hand five times as you are five meters taller. WOSH! the whole room was spinning and BAM! I was in the middle of a hidden park.
I felt a little bit silly calling out because I was surrounded by only trees, "Hello," I whispered but now it was a yell.
"Shh! keep your voice down or you will expose us," someone called back.
"Come out come out wherever you are," I responded as softly as possible.
"We are out but hidden but, you can't see us we will take you somewhere where we can explain everything," a random voice said.
All of a sudden I was in an overhead cloud still surrounded by trees, before my eyes I saw all the trees open up and people step out.They were like me, as tall as a tree.
"Hello Jimmy we are the tree people, the wicked witch turned us and you into giants." The tree tribe leader announced.
"The wicked witch?" I whispered to myself.
"Or as her human self Mrs Treemon," he clarified.
"My Principal," I realized.
"Now you have to decide whether you want to stay a tree person or go back to a normal sized boy." he explained.
"I choose to go back to being a normal sized boy," I responded.
In all this fuss I had never realised how pretty everything was. I could see all the birds flying not very high, I noticed how all the city buildings were not tall at all and how I could see the straight crisp lines on the windows of the clock, in the middle of the city square and how the clock face is invisible and that you can see the motor.
"Now, you do know there is no going back" the tribe scientist said.
"I know," 3,2,1... BOOM!! all of a sudden I was tiny, I have gone from giant to mini. WHAT HAVE THE TREE PEOPLE DONE TO ME!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!