Studying For Success

It was a morning, and Steve was playing Minecraft on his computer and recording his gameplay. "Video finished uploading!" said Steve.
Steve has always been a YouTuber since he heard about it he's been uploading videos onto YouTube for years now! "Steve! You need to study for your exam! The exams on Friday, so you only got 3 days left!" said Steve's Dad.
"Sure thing, Dad!" Steve replied. "Good, how's your YouTube channel?" "Pretty good!" replied Steve.
His Dad was always interested in his YouTube channel when he created it. Steve uploaded a video onto YouTube before studying for the exam. Just as he pushed the power button, he thought, "One more video won't hurt."
"I'll record Roblox now," thought Steve. Sadly, for Steve, a video did hurt.
It was night-time, Steve was panicking because he didn't listen to his Dad! "Ok, Steve, just study!" he thought.
After that, he studies until he fell asleep.
"Steve! Have you studied yesterday like I told you to?" asked Steve's Dad.
There was no reply as Steve was still asleep with his face flat on his desk on top of a pile of papers and a computer with websites like Education.com and websites that have Year 12 questions on it.
"Hmm..." murmured his Dad as he looks on the pile of paper and the websites. "He worked real hard,"
Later, Steve woke up and come downstairs for breakfast. "D-a-a-a-d... " said Steve. "I've got to tell you something,"
"That you've been studying so hard? Good lad," congratulate his Dad. "Yes Dad, how did you know? lied Steve.
"Because you had a ton of paper on your desk!" "Oh... " replied Steve slowly. "That was-"
"Come on! You don't have school today! Let's go eat at a restaurant!" "Ok!"
When Steve and his Dad returned. There was bad news. The bad news was that Steve only had 2 more days before the exam. The truth was he didn't study anything! He still had to study much, much more! He was gaming all night long!
"I have to study all day!" exclaimed Steve. "Why? You studied last night!" replied his Dad.
"No matter how much I study, it is enough regardless!" exclaimed Steve not knowing what he just said.
"Well done," replied his Dad calmly. "What do you mean?" asked Steve.
"No matter how much one study, it is never enough."
"I get it now! Thanks Dad, I'll catch you later!" But on his inside, he had no clue what Dad means. He forgets about it and study all day long.
"It's time for the exam! Do your best!" said his Dad. "Thanks! I'll try my best." replied Steve.
When he returned, he told his Dad that he passed the exam and how it was marked when he finished straight away!
"How did you go?" asked his Dad.
"94/100 correct, A+ for me!" claimed Steve. "Subscribe to my YouTube channel Rissole!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!