Detective Work

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

December 31 2015
It is a foggy and snowy morning in the big city of NY. Detective Tanner and Jones are driving in their black Ford sedan.
"Another day in NY," said Jones, sounding bored.
"Don't worry, something will happen. Besides, this is one of the most crime-ridden city in the states," Tanner said, trying to cheer Jones up.
The radio said desperately "PRISON ESCAPE, JERICHO HAS ESCAPED CUSTODY!!"
"We're on our way," said Tanner.
"Finally," Jones said in a relieved voice.
They chased Jericho while he was on a truck. 20 minutes later Jericho leads Tanner and Jones to an alley. Tanner or Jones couldn't see Jericho but suddenly, Jericho appeared on Tanner's rear view mirrors. Jericho was pushing Tanner's car. When they were pushed, there was a main road in front. Jericho pushed them onto the main road. In a split second, a bus crashed on Tanner's side of the car. Before Tanner passed out, he heard a faint voice, "Don't do this to me!"
July 12 2016
After recovering, Tanner came out of hospital. Now Jericho was gone. Tanner walks to his car with Jones as usual. 2 hours later, they hear on the police radio, "We have a code 207 of a person named Sarah Allen. She managed to call us on her cell phone."
"A kidnapping," said Jones. "Patch her through," said Tanner. "Hello!" said a female voice. "I'm near city hall in a trunk of a car."
"Okay!" said Tanner.
"The sound has changed into...police sirens?" Sarah said.
"There have been no calls so...you're at St. Giles hospital," Tanner replied.
Tanner and Jones drove to St. Giles hospital. There was a white car parked in an alley.
Tanner and Jones opened the trunk of the car. Sarah asked, "Who are you?"
"We’re detectives," Jones replied. They drove her to the police station. During the drive, Tanner asked Sarah questions.
"Who put you in the car?" asked Tanner.
"A knife-wielding woman. She drove off in a white European sports car. She was also speaking a foreign language... Maybe Middle Eastern?"
"What line of work are you in?" said Tanner. "I'm an industrial chemist," Sarah replied.
Tanner and Jones were determined to find the mystery kidnapper who was working for Jericho, the kidnapper could be linked to Jericho's plans. The search continues...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!