The Homework Challenge

Not very long ago, probably last month, there was a competition. A competition to end all competitions!! It was… the dreaded homework challenge!!
(Dun, Dun, Dun)
The rules were:
1. You had to type the entire thing the correct way.
2. There were 163 pages to do.
3. You had to do it all in just one week and four days.
4. One quarter of it was maths! (Oh no!)
5. And now brace yourself for the worst rule of all, it was always set two grades above yours. (e.g. if you were in Grade 3, the teachers would give you the Grade 5 version!)
Lots of people don’t like homework. I do, but sometimes it can get in the way, especially when you’re in the middle of an amazing trifle, or when you’re watching your most favourite movie in your most favourite part. Only 16 people had passed in the last 97 years. Do you know what is really unfair? The teachers say that they do the challenge too, but last year Mia found out they don’t do the teacher version, they do the Kindergarten version!! Everyone thinks it is hilarious and luckily, the teachers haven’t found out we know.
Well, not yet anyway….....
Now, I am in Grade 4 so I am doing the Grade 6 version and some of the asked questions were, 151515151515151+142594768446376172842+46598645768447968546=? Hard! Am I right or am I right?
Anyway, the day came to reveal the results. The whole school was tense.
Well everyone except for my annoying little brother Charlie, who was chatting away about something from what I call "boy world."
Mrs Catena shared the results for Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, all the way up to Grade 6.
The highest scorer for Kindergarten was Olliver Sleeman.
The highest scorer for Grade 1 was Mia Baxter, Rachel‘s little sister.
The highest scorer for Grade 2 was Matilda Anthony.
The highest scorer for Grade 3 was Maggie (Margaret) Maynard.
The highest scorer for Grade 4 was a tie between Rachel Baxter and Miley Conn.
The highest scorer for Grade 5 was Marko Bonic.
The highest scorer for Grade 6 was a tie between all of them! Mia Neesen, Bridget Hamilton and Amelia Wells.
Suddenly, Mrs Catena called for silence. “Ahem,” she said. "I am very proud to announce that this year, there are five people who have passed the challenge completely. So if I call your name please come up to the front of the assembly and receive your certificates. Our first winner has pushed himself hard on his first year, give it up for Zavier Rorato! Our next winner is an amazing little girl who always tries her hardest, put your hands together for Ruby Neesen! Our third winner is someone who is an awesome girl to have at our school, give it up for Lily Kocks! Our fourth winner is a boy who is a dear little treasure, put your hands together for Cooper Gurciullio! Our fifth and final winner is a little girl who is an amazing person to have at our school. She loves everything she does here. Prepare to clap your hardest for Chloe Rorato!" My cheeks were tickled pink. I got up to collect my award. That is all I can really remember. So thanks for listening, bye!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!