Child's Play

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

With excitement in his eyes, Ben swings backwards and forwards on the two long jungle vines. Jumping from one vine to another, a voice interrupts Ben’s imagination, “Come and play on the slide Ben!” How can I get there when there are bloodthirsty lions underneath my feet?
“Come on, we have only got five more minutes.”
With fear in his eyes, Ben tiptoed from one rock to another trying to avoid the boiling hot lava beneath. “What are you doing Ben?” the voice yells again.
“Stop playing around and come over to the slide!" Ben finally comes to a decision that he will venture to Crystal Peak, the tallest mountain in the world.
With joy in his eyes, after what felt like hours of leaping from one stable rock to the next, Ben finally makes it to Crystal Peak. As he marched to the edge of the mountain, he hears a crack. All of a sudden, the mountain gives way. The cool wind is blowing through his hair as he is plummeting down to the ground. Ding, ding, ding, ding! Somewhere in the back of his mind, reality and truth merge as Miss Stacey yells to all the young children, “OK everyone, back to class!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!