The Dark Thing

It was a dark and stormy night, the wind was howling and the rain was hard. The sky was pitch black and the thunder was roaring. While the 4 sisters were fast asleep, when the youngest sister Kali was woken by a loud crack of lightning. She rushed to Saffron's bed. Lucy, who was also now awake, went to get a drink of milk, when she saw a dark moving object out in the distance. She ran to her Mum and Dad's bedroom, they were fast asleep and then she went to the dark kitchen.
Back down in the bedroom Kali was wondering where Lucy was so she went to the kitchen and saw the dark thing and shouted "what the hell are you and what are you doing here in my house?" she turned the light on and there it was a huge thing with yellow horns, light green body, red and purple eyes and its legs were pink with blue spots. They were about to run away when the monster started to say "Please don't run away!"
The monster was a friendly monster, he kindly said "Hello my name is Mister Funny Monster." Mr Funny Monster said "You can call me Mr FM. What is your name?"
Kali answered "My name is Kali and this is my sister Lucy."
Meanwhile while the others girls were asleep while Lucy and Kali were talking to Mr FM.
Then Caitlin and Saffron saw that the others were gone then they went to the kitchen and saw the big friendly monster. The monster said "Hello" to the girls that he already knew from last year. The girls promised to not tell their Mum and Dad so he would not get kicked out of the house. They went and saw the big friendly monster every night to say hello and make him go to sleep.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!