Night In The Forest

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

Thump! Thump! The noise echoed through the night. The noise got louder and louder, the thumping shook the ground like an earthquake it was another night of no sleep and now Sally new the trip was a bad idea.
Sally is an adventurer who works for a team of scientists studying on life in the forest. SalIy is 20 years old and has wanted to be an adventurer since she was a little girl and has been waiting for the mission to go into the forest.
For the past five weeks Sally had been training to go on the mission and that day she got to explore in the real forest. Sally grabbed her bag and equipment and jumped into a large helicopter taking her to the centre of the forest. She hopped out of the helicopter and looked for a good, flat piece of land to set up camp. As she unpacked she noticed that she forgot to get her tent!
The night was about to begin and with nothing to cover herself in she slept on the grass and while she was sleeping you could see goose bumps from every angle like scared little cat. Sally was not allowed to bring food with her and had to find or capture any food she could find luckily the scientists taught her all the berries she could and couldn't eat, but to her surprise none of the berries looked like the ones they taught her about. Her only hope now was to hunt animals but it was no use they were faster than the cardboard versions she trained with. That night she went hungry and slowly jotted down her bad luck in her log book trying not to fall asleep, it was a huge failure.
Sally woke up early in the morning to a strange noise that was getting louder and louder. She rapidly grabbed her torch and walked slowly down the path wondering what it might be "Hmmm what might it be? Oh, maybe an animal no it can't be the team dropped me of in an area where there were no deadly animals what can it be?" Then suddenly she heard bush rattles coming from behind her was it her team coming to save her, she thought wrong "RARR" growled the panther as he licked his mouth softly. Sally's screams loudly echoed, and she began to run as fast as possible then bang! The panther pounced on to Sally. Sally looked up at the panther’s face, sweat flooded her face and he was about to take a bite.
The panther leaned into Sally's face but luckily it was the last Day and the team arrived just on time and spotted the panther and tranquilised it before it was late boom the panther fell, and she was free.
The time she spent in the forest was an adventure not to remember and Sally has definitely learnt to rely on herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!