The Beach

On a hot day, the scorching sun heats the pure white sand.
The sand gets so hot
It feels like you are walking on top of ashes.
You hear the waves crashing against the rocks on the bottom of the cliff.
As the waves slam onto the rocks
The water turns into foam and froths like a bubble bath.
The salty spray from the splashing water stings your eyes.
As you dip your feet in the water
It looks like it's dancing around your toes.
You hear the swirling wind whistling along the seashore.
The brisk wind cools your face from the beating sun and when you turn to look, you see the long stems of the flora swaying in unison amongst the sand dunes.
The sun starts to set, the water glimmers and glistens like diamonds.
Vanishing past the horizon, the sun paints the sky a kaleidoscope of colours. Now as night falls, the crowd disperses and calm returns to the beach.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!