How The Platypus Got His Fur

In the tropical rainforest and the Lake-of-Fine-Fortune there lived a humble and confident platypus. Not ordinary, my sparkling friend, but he had no fur. He was full of indestructible questions to ask.
He wanted to know where his brown and sophisticated fur of his body was. He swam through the Lake -of-Fine-Fortune. He splashed he dashed, he flipped he tripped but his fur of indestructible brown never grew.
He saw a fish a fish of black and blue, the fish looked at the platypus carefully in shock.
"Why are you sad platypus, dripping tears into the Lake -of-Fine-Fortune"?
"I'm ugly and bald my fur is sold, it's gone for eternity."
"Well, wipe those tears, stop crying here's a plan for you just be true."
"To get to your fur sophisticated fur, of brown and black."
The platypus leaned closely and seemed surprised, the fish was helpful.
"Follow the lake, the green and blue lake, the Lake-of-Fine-Fortune and you will see your wish."
The platypus, the confident platypus stroked down the lake like the fish said, my sparkling friend. He swam and found ham he couldn't be bothered to eat. At the end of the lake the green and blue lake the Lake-of-Fine-Fortune, he got itchy and itchier a little bit twitchier, that he saw a tree right there, he swam out of the lake the green and blue lake the Lake-of-Fine Fortune he rubbed on the tree his knee he he he... Even his back to scratch.
This brown, spiky stuff grew on his body, brown and black like glue.
He danced he pranced, he jumped he thumped, he ran back into the lake the green and blue lake the Lake-of-Fine-Fortune, your dreams can come true too, my sparkling friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!